Promoting Enduring Peace presented its Gandhi Peace Award jointly to renowned consumer advocate Ralph Nader and BDS founder Omar Barghouti on April 23, 2017.
Between The Lines' coverage and resource compilation of the Resistance Movement
Subscribe to our Weekly Summary & receive our FREE Resist Trump window cling
(Car window cling)
Email us with your mailing address at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive our "Resist Trump/Resist Hate" car window cling!
Thank you to everyone who donated during our 25th anniversary year!
See our thank you gifts for your donation and/or BTL Weekly Summary subscription. Be sure to send us an email of where we can send you our Resist Trump/Resist Hate window cling to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
who helped make our 25th anniversary with Jeremy Scahill a success!
For those who missed the event, or were there and really wanted to fully absorb its import, here it is in video
Drones from PROUDEYEMEDIA on Vimeo.
Between The Lines on Stitcher
Between The Lines Presentation at the Left Forum 2016
"How Do We Build A Mass Movement to Reverse Runaway Inequality?" with Les Leopold, author of "Runaway Inequality: An Activist's Guide to Economic Justice,"May 22, 2016, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, The City University of New York, 860 11th Ave. (Between 58th and 59th), New York City. Between The Lines' Scott Harris and Richard Hill moderated this workshop. Listen to the audio/slideshows and more from this workshop.
Listen to audio of the plenary sessions from the weekend.
JEREMY SCAHILL: Oscar-nominated documentary filmmaker "Dirty Wars"
Listen to the full interview (30:33) with Jeremy Scahill, an award-winning investigative journalist with the Nation Magazine, correspondent for Democracy Now! and author of the bestselling book, "Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army," about America's outsourcing of its military. In an exclusive interview with Counterpoint's Scott Harris on Sept. 16, 2013, Scahill talks about his latest book, "Dirty Wars, The World is a Battlefield," also made into a documentary film under the same title, and was nominated Dec. 5, 2013 for an Academy Award in the Best Documentary Feature category.
Listen to Scott Harris Live on WPKN Radio
Between The Lines' Executive Producer Scott Harris hosts a live,
weekly talk show,
Counterpoint, from which some of Between The Lines'
interviews are excerpted. Listen every Monday evening from 8 to 10 p.m.
EDT at www.WPKN.org
(Follows the 5-7 minute White Rose Calendar.)
Counterpoint in its entirety is archived after midnight ET
and is available for at least a year following broadcast in
WPKN Radio's Archives.
You can also listen to
full unedited interview segments from Counterpoint, which
are generally available some time the day following broadcast.
Subscribe to Counterpoint bulletins via our
"The Rogue World Order: Connecting the Dots Between Trump, Flynn, Bannon, Spencer, Dugin Putin," by Anna Manzo (GlobalHealing), Daily Kos, Feb. 13, 2017
"Widespread Resistance Begins to Trump's Muslim Travel Ban at U.S. Airports," by Anna Manzo (GlobalHealing), Daily Kos, Jan. 28, 2017
"MSNBC Editor: Women's March is a Revival of the Progressive Movement," by Anna Manzo (GlobalHealing), Daily Kos, Jan. 24, 2017
"Cornering Trump," by Reginald Johnson, Jan. 19, 2017
"Free Leonard Peltier," by Reginald Johnson, Jan. 6, 2016
"For Natives, a "Day of Mourning"by Reginald Johnson, November 23, 2016
"A Bitter Harvest" by Reginald Johnson, Nov. 15, 2016
A compilation of activist and news sites with a progressive point of view
Selected Between The Lines Radio Newsmagazine Audio Recordings From:
The International Forum on Globalization's
Oct. 25-26, 2014
Cooper Union, New York City
Teach-in introductions/Opening remarks
(Audio contributed by the International Forum on Globalization)
- Introduction by Ralph White, followed by Jerry Mander*, founder of the International Forum on Globalization, founder, Public Media Center (24:56) Oct. 25, 2014. Full transcript of this interview by Resilience.org.
- Richard Heinberg*, senior fellow, Post Carbon Institute. Author of "The Party's Over;" "Power Down;" "Peak Everything;" and "The End of Growth," et. al (20:17) Oct. 25, 2014
- Anuradha Mittal*, founder/director, Oakland Institute, board member, "International Forum on Globalization," (18:06) Oct. 25, 2014
*Not broadcast quality
Special guest commentaries (Broadcast quality)
- Bill McKibben, founder of 350.org, author of "End of Nature" (19:39) Oct. 25, 2014 Left: Bill McKibben giving his presentation at the Techno-Utopianism teach-in
- Ralph Nader, founder of the Center for Responsive Law and author of "Unstoppable" (22:39) Oct. 25, 2014
Teach-in presentations/speeches (Broadcast quality)
- "The Language of Dominion," Tom Butler, Foundation for Deep Ecology (17:00) Oct. 25, 2014 Right: Tom Butler giving his presentation at the Techno-Utopianism teach-in
- "The Economic Evolution of Dominion," Lisi Krall, State U. of New York, (16:06) Oct. 25, 2014
- "Playing God with Climate," Clive Hamilton, Geo-Engineering-New Skies (19:56) Oct. 25, 2014
- "Nanotechnology/New Earth," Pat Mooney, (Canada) ETC (16:51) Oct. 25, 2014
- "GMOs/Corporate Techno-Food," Debbie Barker, Center for Food Safety (19:35) Oct. 25, 2014
- "Synthetic Biology, Designing New Life Forms," Jim Thomas, (Canada) ETC (18:43) Oct. 25, 2014
- "Genetic Design of Human Beings," Andrew Kimbrell,* ICTA (22:23) Oct. 25, 2014
- "An Electronic Silent Spring: EMRs/Radiation Soup," Katie Singer, (18:17) Oct. 25, 2014
- Introduction to panel "For the Good of Mankind: Nukes, Drones and Robots," Koohan Paik, (Guam/Korea/US) International Forum on Globalization (9:03), Oct. 25, 2014
- "Hiroshima, Fukushima and Beyond," Helen Caldicott, Physicians for Social Responsibility (22:28) Oct. 25, 2014
- "Present at Birth," Neisen Laukon, (Marshall Islands) (15:31) Oct. 25, 2014
- "Space Tech and Corporate Full Spectrum Dominance," Bruce Gagnon, Global Network vs. Weapons in Space, (17:39) Oct. 25, 2014
- "Robots, Nature and the Singularity," Gar Smith, Environmentalists Against War, (22:33) Oct. 25, 2014
(Audio contributed by The International Forum on Globalization)
- "The Resurgence of the Real: Dynamic Interrelatedness," Charlene Spretnak author, co-founder of the U.S. Green Party, (17:00) Oct. 25, 2014
- "Technology and Nature/Clash of Concepts," Doug Tompkins, Foundation for Deep Econology (20:19) Oct. 25, 2014
- "Introduction to the panel, 'Not Globalization, Localization,'" Vanada Shiva* (India), Nvdanya, (17:00) Oct. 26, 2014
*Not broadcast quality
Interviews by Between The Lines' Scott Harris (Broadcast quality)
- Victor Menotti, executive director of The International Forum on Globalization (12:39)Right: Scott Harris interviews Victor Mennotti at the Techno-Utopianism teach-in
- Ralph Nader, renowned citizen activist, author of "Unsafe at Any Speed" (22:05) Oct. 25, 2014
- Anuradha Mittal, (India) Oakland Institute," (19:01) Oct. 25, 2014